Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Letter To Cynthia Pittmann


Dear Cynthia,
            I have to begin this letter by saying THANK YOU!  This semester has been a really hectic one.  Taking two advanced science courses has taken away most of my spare time to do the stuff I like.  The stress level has reached really high and if it wasn’t thanks to you I believe I would not have made it through.  Your class and your ideas have given me the opportunity to reach a side of me I usually do not pay attention to.  Out of all my classes and professors, yours was the one that I always looked forward to come to because it really helped me liberate my stress.  For example, the First Thoughts Journal, where we had to write for 10 whole minutes the first thoughts that came to our mind, was the most liberating activity that I had ever done in any class.  How you encouraged us to be ourselves and let go of so many rules that constantly enclose us was like that perfect pill to cure our stress.
            Like if my classes were not enough work for me, I had to deal this semester with my application to different dental schools.  The whole application process has been the most stressful thing I had done, since the very beginning of it.  As I talked about in the IntroductionTo Myself post I am a very stressful person, so this whole process has really got to my nerves!  Writing a personal statement, looking for recommendation letters, working with my transcripts, in fact EVERYTHING has been a really hard work.  Thankfully I finished it and already submitted it.  Now all I have to do is wait for the decisions, fingers crossed! Hopefully I will be part of a Dental School Class 2018!


            I would like to finish this letter exactly the way I started it: saying THANK YOU!  Your class not only has been a liberating stress activity for me, but it has also helped me grow academically.   Thanks to the group discussions and presentations that we had all over the semester I have lose a little of my fear of speaking out loud in front of others and letting others know my ideas and points of view.  Thanks to your class I have also gain many new friends that I hope I keep on seeing. 
            What’s left to say is that I wish to you the very best of Christmases as well as an amazing New Year!  Here goes one of my favorite Christmas songs so you can hear it and I hope that it helps you through the end of the semester, like it does to me!


4 comments:

  1. I totally agree, this semester was very difficult, but this class help us a lot. As you said, writing the journal, was the most anti-stress thing I have done before. It was just amazing how it help us to organize our thoughts and calm the anger that one could feel. The video you posted about Christmas is cool and how great it feels that it is Christmas already. I think it is the most expected season of the year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I hope you the best in your future career as a dentist! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're making it through and as Antonio said, I also wish you the best luck in your future carer as a dentist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you I have to say Thank You to Professor Pittmann because she and her class were ones of the best things in this semester. As Stephanie and Antonio already said I wish you the best in your career as a dentist. By the way I loved the video!

    ReplyDelete